Mexican vegetarian lasagna recipe
Vegetarian Mexican lasagna
This recipe has so many rich and delicious flavors. I wanted to steer away from the traditional lasagna recipes made with zucchini and this recipe was perfect for that. Feel free to substitute where you would like and provide any feedback or comments. Enjoy!
1 1/2 cups
1 box of oven ready lasagna
2 cups of fresh kale
2 1/2 cups of dried black beans
1 can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilis
2 tsp of cumin
2 tsp of fajita seasoning
3cups of mozzarella cheese
1 stem of green onion
1 24oz jar of Bertolli Organic Olive, and basil pasta sauce
1. Rinse drain and boil pre- soaked black beans. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil and add the black beans. Allow to for 5 minutes before turning on low to allow to cook on medium heat for 15 minutes or until tender. (Canned black beans can be used as a substitution for dried black beans). Set aside
2. Bring 2 cups of water to boil. Add the kale,1 tsp of fajita seasoning, and 1 tsp of cumin. Allow to boil for 5 minutes while stirring occasionally or until tender. Drain and set aside
3. In a small bowl combine 2 beaten eggs and tub of ricotta cheese and the remaining teaspoon of fajita and cumin
4. Add the Rotel diced tomatoes into the black beans and mix well.
5. In a 9x12 baking dish, layer the bottom with pasta sauce. Then add 3 noodles, layer with the ricotta mix and then top with mozzarella cheese
6. In the bottom of a 9x12 baking dish layer with pasta sauce. Add lasagna noodles,
ricotta cheese mixture, black beans mixture, and then the mozzarella cheese. Repeat for 2 more layers with the final layer being mozzarella cheese and pasta sauce.