Vegan Broccoli and Cheese Casserole
Vegan has never been so easy. Try this easy and delicious recipe tonight.
1 cup of quinoa
1/2 yellow onion
2 cups of Vegetable Broth
2 tsp Avocado oil
2 cloves of garlic
1 1/2 cups of broccoli
1/2 cup of bread crumbs
1/4 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp of garlic salt
1 large baking potato
2 cups of water
1 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp lemon juice
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1/2 cup unsweetened cashew or almond milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bring the vegetable broth to a boil. Stir in the quinoa. Remove from heat and cover, allow to sit for 10 minutes or until all water has been absorbed. Fluff with a fork and set
2. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add the potato, carrots, salt, pepper ,and garlic salt. Cook until tender drain and then set aside.
3. Cook the broccoli as directed and set aside.
4. Heat a frying pan and add the Avocado oil. Dice the onions and garlic. Once the oil has warmed add the onions and garlic and saute. Add the broccoli and saute for 1 minute.
5. Place the potato and carrots in a blender or food processor. Add the nutritional yeast, salt, cashew milk , lemon juice, pepper and process until a liquid.
6. Combine all ingredients ( set aside 1/4 cup of cheese mixture). Place in a baking dish. Top with cheese mixture and final topping add additional bread crumbs or fried onion crumble ( I used french's). Bake for 10 minutes and serve.